Monday, April 23, 2007

Another milestone

Today was the first time that it really hit me - I'm graduating! I turned in my psychology minor completion form (which I needed to graduate) and was walking around campus in a business suit for my final PR presentation and I have never felt more grown up.

I don't want to have to wear a business suit everyday at my job - I'm more creative than the standard black suit - but putting it on does do amazing things for the psyche.

The presentation went so well. My group, whom I have previously commented on, once again was amazing. We spent all weekend in the PR lab perfecting our 150+ page campaign book and working on the powerpoint, etc. It was interesting being the only people in the journalism building all weekend. I felt like a work-a-holic.

I'm incredibly proud of our work. I hope the client uses some of it. She commented that they had been working with a large PR firm which threw some of us off. Why did we just do all of that hard work for free when you have been paying for a PR firm? But really it turned out to be good news because a few of our ideas were actually suggested by this big-time firm and we created a way of implementing our suggestions whereas they apparently had not.

I'm going to miss working with my team but it was a big milestone moment for me today - walking around campus gave me a very cathartic and nostalgic feeling - my future is coming and it's time to put college behind me. It's the most scary but exhilarating time of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This certainly takes me back! Wait until you actually walk into an office for your first day of employment or make that deposit from your first paycheck. Life seems to be a lot of "firsts" and "lasts". We should learn to enjoy each one!