Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Some people should be banned from sharing their opinions

This is my first official "angry" post. I was reading stories about Colin online - for those of you who dont know, he is my friend who got shot at Virgina Tech. I had previously read this story about him, but was looking at it again the other day and came across the comments section.

I have never had such a fast, visceral response. (A little background info - Colin's mom made a comment at the end of the story that she is glad Colin didn't skip class even though he got shot. I think it was just bad journalism because the author did not reflect the tone appropriately. The Goddard's are a goofy family. Humor helps in times like this.) So, needless to say, people decide they must get on their high horse and start lecturing about how Colin's mother is out of control and they are shocked and horrified that this poor boy has a mom like her.

Ahhh! I'm getting angry just thinking about it. How dare you talk about someone who is going through such an insane ordeal. Have you ever had your son shot three times in a school shooting and almost die? Probably not. And until you do, you need to keep quiet.

I know I'm going a little overboard here but it just kills me how critical and quick to judge people are in this society.

I am by no means a martyr - I judge (I'm judging these critical idiots right now), I'm not the smartest or coolest girl in the world, but I am learning when and when not to make my opinion known.

It's times like this when I really question this new interactive, technological world we live in. Some people have nothing better to do than sit on their computers and be critical.

Please find something more productive to do with your life, and pray that Mrs. Goddard doesn't see your mean comments - her heart is already breaking enough right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.